It’s been nearly two years since COVID hit, and yet new safety protocols seem to be introduced almost every day. Now, with the Omicron variant causing a panic, we thought it would be a good time to remind you of our top recommendations for keeping your elevator passengers safe and introduce some new ones too.
1. At minimum, follow CDC guidelines and tips
2. Disinfect elevator buttons and surfaces multiple times a day
3. Use signage to remind passengers to avoid overcrowding the elevators and to practice social distancing
4. Use markers and signs to direct queues and reinforce physical distancing of at least 6 feet between passengers in line
5. Use markers and signs inside elevator cars to direct passengers on how far apart to stand while riding
6. Program elevators to stop at every floor to minimize passengers’ need to touch buttons
7. Upgrade to touch-free options like apps and voice-activation that allow passengers to operate the elevator hands-free
8. Limit elevator occupancy as listed below:
- Elevators < 60×78 inches: two passengers
- Elevators >60×78 inches: three passengers
- Elevators >72×72 inches: four passengers
For safety’s sake, make sure your elevator company and it’s clients are adhering to the guidelines above. For business’ sake, consider partnering with a dispatching service that can be there for your clients even when things aren’t so safe. At Insta Answer, our trained virtual receptionists are available 24/7 to answer your elevator calls and help you respond accordingly. Give us a call today to see how we can help you.