Many people are slightly uneasy when they use an elevator. If it’s not because of claustrophobia or shaky knees, it might be because they’ve heard horror stories of elevator accidents. You can reassure your elevator customers and their passengers by letting them know about these new measures designed to improve elevator safety.
Regular Inspections and Routine Maintenance
According to the National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII), preventive maintenance is an essential part of elevator safety. Of course, regular inspections and testing are an integral part of that preventive maintenance. You can’t fix a problem you haven’t discovered yet! Assuring your customers (and their passengers) that you comply with all of your industry’s best practices will help alleviate some of their elevator uneasiness.
Other NEII safety features:
- Door restrictors that keep the elevator from moving when the doors are open
- Restrictors that also lock the car door if it’s more than 7″ above or below the floor
- A separate, independent emergency brake that activates whenever the elevator car unexpectedly moves
- Two-way communications to call for emergency assistance
- A supplemental visual messaging system that sends text messages to the car display and receives simple yes/no push-button responses
- Video monitoring to help determine whether non-verbally responsive passengers require emergency assistance
Communication Is Golden in an Elevator
Insta Answer has been communicating with elevator passengers and calming their fears for many decades now. Our friendly, relatable, yet professional virtual receptionists and dispatchers can assess any situation and dispatch emergency messages as needed.
We’ve also integrated the trailblazing new video monitoring system into our virtual call center platform. This Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant communication system meets the latest elevator code requirements. It allows us to communicate with passengers who may not be able to hear or respond verbally.
Our customer service team will step in and take care of your customers when you aren’t available. Call Insta Answer at 877-631-9711 now to see exactly how we’ll handle your calls whenever you can’t!